Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posting this for Greek region of ZWT 6. Found it online at FoodTV site from Giada De Laurentiis, while searching it for Greek recipes. Sounds delicious!! Time doesn't include time for sugar/water cooling.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour the cooled syrup into a blender. Add the yogurt, orange juice, bananas, orange zest, vanilla extract, and ice. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Very good. I added a clementine and used 2 Tb. orange juice concentrate and ice instead of orange juice.
This creamy citrus smoothie makes a nice start to the day. I did change it to a vegan recipe by using organic soy yogurt instead of regular yogurt and because I only had vanilla on hand. Because of the use of vanilla yogurt I left out the vanilla extract and instead of making using simple syrup (step one) I just added another 1/2 cup of orange juice. Thanks for the tasty start to the day.
This was fabulous except I did not like the orange zest in it. I think the syrup could be skipped; there's enough sweetness from the juice & banana. It made a great breakfast for me for 2 days! Made for Mike & the Appliance Killers, ZWT9.