Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Greek dessert-style cake posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Coconut Semolina Syrup Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush a deep 23cm springform pan with melted butter. Line base and sides with paper, grease the paper.
- Using electric beaters beat the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl for ten minutes.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and semolina, beat for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, stir.
- Using a metal spoon fold in the sifted flour. Stir until the mixture is just combined and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Pour cold syrup over the hot cake while still in the pan. When the cake is cool decorate with the lemon slices.
- Serve with cream.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until the mixture boils and sugar has dissolved.
- Add the lemon slices, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered and without stirring for 15 minutes.