From Greek Cooking for the Gods, posted for ZWT IV
Make and share this Cod Baked With Currants recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a small bowl combine currants and wine, set aside.
- Oil a baking dish in which cod steaks will fit side by side.
- Place fish steaks in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then rub with garlic and drizzle with lemon juice.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the 1/2 cup oil.
- Add onions, parsley and tomatoes and cook till onions are soft (5-6 minutes).
- Add cloves and currants and wine, simmer over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fish steaks.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (35-45 minutes), basting several times during cooking.
- Transfer fish to serving plates and spoon sauce over top.