1/1 Photo of Cod Baked With Currants
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Greek Cooking for the Gods, posted for ZWT IV
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. In a small bowl combine currants and wine, set aside.
- 2Oil a baking dish in which cod steaks will fit side by side.
- 3Place fish steaks in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then rub with garlic and drizzle with lemon juice.
- 4In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the 1/2 cup oil.
- 5Add onions, parsley and tomatoes and cook till onions are soft (5-6 minutes).
- 6Add cloves and currants and wine, simmer over medium heat 5 minutes.
- 7Pour sauce over fish steaks.
- 8Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (35-45 minutes), basting several times during cooking.
- 9Transfer fish to serving plates and spoon sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Baked With Currants
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: