1/1 Photo of Cod Baked With Currants
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Greek Cooking for the Gods, posted for ZWT IV
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. In a small bowl combine currants and wine, set aside.
- 2Oil a baking dish in which cod steaks will fit side by side.
- 3Place fish steaks in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then rub with garlic and drizzle with lemon juice.
- 4In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm the 1/2 cup oil.
- 5Add onions, parsley and tomatoes and cook till onions are soft (5-6 minutes).
- 6Add cloves and currants and wine, simmer over medium heat 5 minutes.
- 7Pour sauce over fish steaks.
- 8Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (35-45 minutes), basting several times during cooking.
- 9Transfer fish to serving plates and spoon sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Baked With Currants
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: