Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Betty Crocker website. This is a prize winning recipe. I haven't tried it, but I definitely will!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 frozen miniature phyllo cups (from 2.1-oz package)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray bottom only of 9x13-inch pan with Pam.
- Stir cookie base ingredients in large bowl until soft dough forms.
- Press in bottom of pan and bake 15 minute.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, stir filling ingredients together (except phyllo) until well mixed & crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over partially baked base.
- Crumble frozen phyllo shells evenly over nut mixture. Bake 18-20 minutes or golden.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, zap all glaze ingredients except vanilla for 1 minute on high, or until bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle honey mix over phyllo. Cool completely.
- Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Drizzle each bar with 1/2 teaspoon honey before serving.