1 hr 10 mins
From the Betty Crocker website. This is a prize winning recipe. I haven't tried it, but I definitely will!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 frozen miniature phyllo cups (from 2.1-oz package)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1Heat oven to 350°. Spray bottom only of 9x13-inch pan with Pam.
- 2Stir cookie base ingredients in large bowl until soft dough forms.
- 3Press in bottom of pan and bake 15 minute.
- 4Meanwhile in medium bowl, stir filling ingredients together (except phyllo) until well mixed & crumbly.
- 5Sprinkle mixture evenly over partially baked base.
- 6Crumble frozen phyllo shells evenly over nut mixture. Bake 18-20 minutes or golden.
- 7In a small microwaveable bowl, zap all glaze ingredients except vanilla for 1 minute on high, or until bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
- 8Drizzle honey mix over phyllo. Cool completely.
- 9Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Drizzle each bar with 1/2 teaspoon honey before serving.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookie Mix Baklava Bars
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix
miniature phyllo cups