Buster's friend's Note:
Plan to make use of this recipe with our fall whiting catches throughout the winter. Receiev in email from gourmet_recipes_from_around_the_world, Thank you, Buck Vance!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, to taste, chopped
- 6 -8 medium red potatoes, to taste, peeled and cut into large cubes
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 1/2-3 lbs white-fleshed fish, cleaned and gutted (grey mullet & whiting good choices)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh flat leaf, for garnish
- 1Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil together in a large stewing pot or Dutch oven. Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium low heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring gently, until the potatoes are about half cooked, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3Place the fish in the pot over the potatoes, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and add enough water just to cover the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Place the lid partially over the pot and simmer over medium low heat until the fish is flaky and the liquid almost gone, about 20 minutes.
- 4Adjust the seasoning, pour in the lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corfu Style Garlicky Fish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.9
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: