This is a wonderful loaf with quite a few aromatic spices. very quick and easy to make. I got this recipe from a cookbook "Regional Cuisines of Greece" with a couple of adjustments.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, milk, sour cream, cloves, fruit peels, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 flour.
- In separate bowl, combine raisins baking powder and remaining flour.
- Combine 2 mixtures together.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Combine confectioners sugar with remaining cinnamon,dust top of cake and serve.