this is an easy Moussaka recipe that tastes great and suits the international taste. I found this in a magazine more years ago than I wish to say. It's even better warmed up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained. (fresh corn is even better)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cream-style cottage cheese, with chives,drained
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Spread corn in an ungreased, shallow 1 1/2 qt.
- 2casserole dish.
- 3In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain off excess fat.
- 4Add flour; cook& stir for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in tomato sauce, garlic salt and cinnamon; pour over corn in dish.
- 6Bake@ 350 deg.
- 7for 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, combine eggs& cottage cheese; spread over meat mixture.
- 9Top with parmesan and mozzarella.
- 10Bake 10- 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Moussaka
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.6
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 249.9 mg
- Sodium 1413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 56.5 g