This salad has an amazing flavor. My most requested recipe hands down! The Greek Seasoning add a fantastic flavor. This will be a big hit anytime you serve it. Great for church pot luck! Easily doubles (I've had to quadrouple before)
- Prepare Cornbread according to package directions, adding Ranch seasoning and Cavendar's to mix.
- I usually add 3 tablespoon of Cavendar's, but love the flavor and have been known to add more.
- Bake according to package directions, cool.
- (Can be prepared a day ahead) Crumble Cornbread in a large bowl.
- Add bacon, onions, and peppers.
- Stir well.
- Add mayo 1/4 cup at a time until cornbread begins to bind.
- Usually takes 1 cup, may take less.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and stir again.
- Taste again adjust for dryness by adding more mayo tablespoons at a time.
Made this yesterday and it was a hit. Everybody liked it which actually surprised me. It makes a lot. Believe I will take it to potluck at church next time. <br/><br/>I only used about 1 1/2 t of the Greek seasoning because I was unfamiliar with it. I will likely try a bit more next time.
I only made half a recipe, but now wish I'd made the whole thing! This is soooooooo good! I can sit down with a bowl of this like a person does with a bag of chips. I just don't get tired of eating it! Based on comments from another reviewer I only used 1 1/2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning, and that was just right for half a recipe. Also, somehow I missed the part about adding the ranch dressing and Greek seasoning to the cornbread batter; I added them to the mayonnaise instead and that worked fine. I also added about 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheese. Thanks for posting!
This is truly a great salad; I went to a family reunion this weekend ; one of the other ladies made this but she sprinkled coursely shredded cheddar cheese on top; YUM!!!!!!!!!!!