Fresh nuts, fruit, honey, & yogurt What more do you need?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces yogurt (strained overnight, preferably Greek)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup blanched almonds or 1/2 cup cashews or 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 apples or 6 pears or 6 peaches, cut into wedges 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons honey (preferably Greek thyme-scented)
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 mint leaves, julienned
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1Place yogurt in a colander lined with cheesecloth and set over a bowl and drain overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a food processor. Process at high speed until a thick, souplike consistency is achieved. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- 2In a small sauté pan, toast nuts with corn syrup, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon water, until the nuts are glazed with syrup. When cool, chop coarsely.
- 3In a bowl, gentle toss fruit of choice with oil and season with salt and pepper, until the fruit is coated. Thread the fruit onto skewers.
- 4Set the fruit skewers on a hot grill, and cook until the fruit just starts to char. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 5Scatter 1 tablespoon toasted nuts onto each plate, arrange skewers on top, and drizzle with yogurt and honey. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon or balsamic vinegar and garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Yogurt With Grilled Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g