Fresh nuts, fruit, honey, & yogurt What more do you need?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces yogurt (strained overnight, preferably Greek)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup blanched almonds or 1/2 cup cashews or 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 apples or 6 pears or 6 peaches, cut into wedges 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons honey (preferably Greek thyme-scented)
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 mint leaves, julienned
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1Place yogurt in a colander lined with cheesecloth and set over a bowl and drain overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a food processor. Process at high speed until a thick, souplike consistency is achieved. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- 2In a small sauté pan, toast nuts with corn syrup, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon water, until the nuts are glazed with syrup. When cool, chop coarsely.
- 3In a bowl, gentle toss fruit of choice with oil and season with salt and pepper, until the fruit is coated. Thread the fruit onto skewers.
- 4Set the fruit skewers on a hot grill, and cook until the fruit just starts to char. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- 5Scatter 1 tablespoon toasted nuts onto each plate, arrange skewers on top, and drizzle with yogurt and honey. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon or balsamic vinegar and garnish with mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Yogurt With Grilled Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g