Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh nuts, fruit, honey, & yogurt What more do you need?
Make and share this Creamed Yogurt With Grilled Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces yogurt (strained overnight, preferably Greek)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup blanched almonds or 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 apples or 6 pears or 6 peaches, cut into wedges 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons honey (preferably Greek thyme-scented)
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 mint leaves, julienned
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Place yogurt in a colander lined with cheesecloth and set over a bowl and drain overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a food processor. Process at high speed until a thick, souplike consistency is achieved. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- In a small sauté pan, toast nuts with corn syrup, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon water, until the nuts are glazed with syrup. When cool, chop coarsely.
- In a bowl, gentle toss fruit of choice with oil and season with salt and pepper, until the fruit is coated. Thread the fruit onto skewers.
- Set the fruit skewers on a hot grill, and cook until the fruit just starts to char. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Scatter 1 tablespoon toasted nuts onto each plate, arrange skewers on top, and drizzle with yogurt and honey. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon or balsamic vinegar and garnish with mint.