Robyn's Cookin''s Note:
A couple of my favorite Greek restaraunts of all time serve their salads with a creamy Greek dressing. I assumed it was a common occurance until I started searching for recipes so I could duplicate it at home. I'm so happy to have finally found one on this site (Creamy Greek Salad Dressing)! All the non-creamy dressings are too tart for me (and believe me, I've tried several)...this one hits the spot!! The credit for this recipe should be given to evelyn/athens...mine is only a slight modification of hers. (Mine includes homemade buttermilk and less feta.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes. (This process will produce buttermilk. Alternatively, you can just use 1/2 c "real" buttermilk, but I use this method because I never have the real stuff on hand.).
- 2Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- 3With the blade running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and blend just until thickened (if you over-blend, it will curdle).
- 4Cover tightly and chill well before serving so the flavors have a chance to meld.
- 5Dressing will keep for about 4 days (though it may need another whirl in the blender / food processor if it separates).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Greek Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 62.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g