Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A couple of my favorite Greek restaraunts of all time serve their salads with a creamy Greek dressing. I assumed it was a common occurance until I started searching for recipes so I could duplicate it at home. I'm so happy to have finally found one on this site (Creamy Greek Salad Dressing)! All the non-creamy dressings are too tart for me (and believe me, I've tried several)...this one hits the spot!! The credit for this recipe should be given to evelyn/athens...mine is only a slight modification of hers. (Mine includes homemade buttermilk and less feta.)
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes. (This process will produce buttermilk. Alternatively, you can just use 1/2 c "real" buttermilk, but I use this method because I never have the real stuff on hand.).
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- With the blade running, slowly pour in the buttermilk and blend just until thickened (if you over-blend, it will curdle).
- Cover tightly and chill well before serving so the flavors have a chance to meld.
- Dressing will keep for about 4 days (though it may need another whirl in the blender / food processor if it separates).