1/2 Photos of Creamy Greek Tomato Noodle Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
Fall is almost here and the cooler days find me in the kitchen making soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups uncooked spinach pasta, fusilli or 3 cups corkscrew macaroni
- 46 fluid ounces tomato juice
- 14 1/2 fluid ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups ground beef (optional) or 2 cups ground lamb, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 fluid ounces half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Cook fusilli noodles according to package directions, and drain.
- 2Whisk together the large egg with the half and half, and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- 3In a large saucepan, heat the tomato juice, beef broth, garlic, onion powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, marjoram, cooked meat if using, and fusilli noodles, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
- 4Take 1/4 cup of soup and ladle into the cream mixture, whisking vigorously, then add 1/4 cup again, and then once more with 1/4 cup. When mixture is blended, stir into the soup along with the parmesan cheese and nutmeg, then stir until blended.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Greek Tomato Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 1184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: