Fall is almost here and the cooler days find me in the kitchen making soup.
Make and share this Creamy Greek Tomato Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups uncooked spinach pasta, fusilli or 3 cups corkscrew macaroni
- 46 fluid ounces tomato juice
- 14 1⁄2 fluid ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups ground beef (optional) or 2 cups ground lamb, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 fluid ounces half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Cook fusilli noodles according to package directions, and drain.
- Whisk together the large egg with the half and half, and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- In a large saucepan, heat the tomato juice, beef broth, garlic, onion powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, marjoram, cooked meat if using, and fusilli noodles, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until soup thickens slightly, then remove from heat.
- Take 1/4 cup of soup and ladle into the cream mixture, whisking vigorously, then add 1/4 cup again, and then once more with 1/4 cup. When mixture is blended, stir into the soup along with the parmesan cheese and nutmeg, then stir until blended.
- Serve hot.