1/2 Photos of Creatan Eastern Cookies
1 hr 40 mins
Eastern cookies are a great present for your friends. My children couldn’t stop to eat them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water or 2 tablespoons orange peel, greated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups flour (if necessary more)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- sesame seeds (for topping) (optional)
- sugar (for topping) (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten (for topping) (optional)
- 1Separate yolk from whit eggs.
- 2Beat white eggs with salt very well to “snow”.
- 3Beat butter (or margarine), sugar and yolks until soft and light.
- 4Incorporate the beaten white eggs.
- 5Milk with orange blossom and vanilla (or grated orange peel) together.
- 6Add the flavored milk to the egg mixture.
- 7Incorporate slowly the flour mixed with baking soda.
- 8Work until soft, but not sticky. If necessary add some flour.
- 9Spread the mixture over the dough and decorate with reserved flowers.
- 10Take one teaspoon dough and roll it (not thicker than a pencil) and shape it as you like-.
- 11Place on baking foil and bake them 12 minutes at 180°C/350°F or until golden.
- 12With this quantity I got 4 baking molds of them.
- 13Note: You can paint the cookies with some beaten egg or you can roll them in sugar or in sesame seeds.
- 14Variation: add to the dough cinnamon or chocolate powder.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creatan Eastern Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water