1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From: New York’s 25: Taste Of Greece – Oct 16-Nov 18, 2006 "California legend and peripatetic chef Jonathan Waxman draws on this classic Greek meze combo to create a dish that fits in with his Manhattan bistro, Barbuto." Prep time is an approximation, Cook time is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lavender eggplants
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pints Baby Spinach, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 lb fresh goat cheese curds or 1/2 lb mild greek feta, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half on the equator
- 1 sprig rosemary, spiny leaves separated
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1Cut eggplant into bite sized pieces, coat with salt and marinate for one hour.
- 2Make an anglaise with egg and cream.
- 3In a heavy skillet heat 1 cup olive oil to 325°F.
- 4Wash and dry eggplant.
- 5Toss into flour, then into the anglaise, and into the bread crumbs.
- 6In a large bowl place the spinach, crumbled cheese, tomatoes, rosemary leaves, juice of one lemon, and toss well.
- 7Add 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 8Fry the eggplant until crispy, toss into bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Eggplant & Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1097.7
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: