Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A crispy pie that you can adapt for your needs, add chicken or keep it veggie. A good fail-safe for your repertoire.
- 7 ounces spinach leaves
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces phyllo pastry
- Put the spinach into a large pan. Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully unroll the phyllo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out. take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sundried tomato oil.
- Drape oil-side down in a 9in loose- bottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side. Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round.
- Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling.
- Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil.
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.