A crispy pie that you can adapt for your needs, add chicken or keep it veggie. A good fail-safe for your repertoire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the spinach into a large pan. Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- 2Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- 3Carefully unroll the phyllo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out. take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sundried tomato oil.
- 4Drape oil-side down in a 9in loose- bottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side. Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round.
- 5Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling.
- 6Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- 8Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Greek-Style Pie
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 1126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g