Lou van's Note:
Taken from Good Food magazine. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the spinach into a large pan.
- 2Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. Tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop. Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- 3Carefully unroll the filo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out.
- 4Take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sundried tomato oil.
- 5Drape oil-side down in a 22cm loosebottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side.
- 6Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round.
- 7Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling.
- 8Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil.
- 9Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- 10Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Greek-Style Pie
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 620.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.5 g