Another easy and delicious slow cooker recipe. This came from the Feb 2005 Women's Day magazine.
Make and share this Crock Pot Greek Lamb, Artichoke & Onion Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean lamb shoulder, cut in 1-inch chucks
- 6 large yellow onions, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups canned tomato puree
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup feta cheese
- mix all ingredients (except the last 4 listed) in a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until lamb and onions are tender.
- Stir in artichoke hearts. Cover and let stand 5 minutes (or until hearts are hot).
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve sprinkled with walnuts and feta.