This is a really easy and quick take on spinach pie. It is without a crust, but you still get roughly the same yummy Greek flavors in a fraction of the time and effort. There is also a nice side of tomato salad included. Compliments go to the Food Network kitchens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried mint
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Tomato Salad:.
- 2Toss the tomatoes together with the pepperoncini and olives in a salad bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano salt and black pepper to taste. Toss again.
- 3Spinach Pies:.
- 4Put a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- 5Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Squeeze excess liquid out of spinach.
- 7Add the spinach and scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until dry - about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer to a colander and press with the back of a spoon to get rid of the last bits of moisture.
- 9Brush 4 6-oz. ramekins with some olive oil and put them on a baking sheet.
- 10Put spinach mixture, eggs, half-and-half, bread crumbs, mint, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg into a food processor and pulse until the spinach is finely chopped. Remove blade and stir in the feta cheese.
- 11Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 ramekins.
- 12Bake until set around the edges but still a little bit soft in the center - about 20 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving the spinach pies inside to set. Keep them in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- 13Run a knife around the edge of each pie and invert onto plates. Spoon some tomato salad around each and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Spinach and Feta Pies With Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 1284.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 12.1 g