A lovely, fresh, and easy summer salad from Joanne Weir's "From Tapas to Meze". I found the recipe on David Lebovitz's website. Serve with pita triangles (fresh or toasted) or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into pea-sized pieces
- coarse salt
- 8 ounces feta cheese (225g) or 8 ounces chevre cheese (225g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60ml)
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely-diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1Place the cucumber pieces in a colander, mix with a light sprinkling salt, and let drain 30 minutes to an hour, shaking the colander from time to time.
- 2Crumble the feta into a bowl and mash together with the olive oil, lemon juice, water, and a few turns of black pepper.
- 3Mix in the cucumbers, onions, and herbs. Taste, and add more salt if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 449.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g