Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely, fresh, and easy summer salad from Joanne Weir's "From Tapas to Meze". I found the recipe on David Lebovitz's website. Serve with pita triangles (fresh or toasted) or crackers.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced into pea-sized pieces
- coarse salt
- 8 ounces feta cheese (225g) or 8 ounces chevre cheese (225g)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (60ml)
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely-diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place the cucumber pieces in a colander, mix with a light sprinkling salt, and let drain 30 minutes to an hour, shaking the colander from time to time.
- Crumble the feta into a bowl and mash together with the olive oil, lemon juice, water, and a few turns of black pepper.
- Mix in the cucumbers, onions, and herbs. Taste, and add more salt if desired.