Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Summer 2010 LCBO Food & Drink mag.
Make and share this Cumin Lamb, Sweet Pepper & Onion Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- Soak skewers (for 1 hour or more).
- Cut lamb into bite size pieces. In a large bowl whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons ginger, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons honey. Add lamb, stir to coat, cover and chill 4 hours or overnight; stir once.
- Oil grill and preheat BBQ to med-high. Slice pepper and onion into chunks and thread onto skewers with lamb (alternating ingredients). Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk leftover marinade ingredients and set aside for basting. Grill kebabs 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with pita, greek salad and tzatziki -- Yummmm!
We used this marinade on lamb chops (that we grilled) and then grilled red and yellow peppers on skewers brushed with the marinade. It was divine. I could imagine this marinade would go well with chicken as well. Thanks for the recipe! It's a keeper. :-)