This is a recipe I invented after trying a similar soup in a Greek restaurant... Hearty and delicious. A perfect way to warm up a crisp fall day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked and drained
- 2 potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks leeks, white portion only sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken stock (or enough to cover vegetables completely)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup whipping cream (or 1/2 and 1/2 for a lighter soup)
- 1Melt butter in a soup pot, and sautee chopped onion, leeks and garlic.
- 2When veggies are tender stir in flour and mix well.
- 3Add broth, pumkin, potatoes and spices.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to combine flavors.
- 5Puree the soup with an arm mixer or in the blender.
- 6If using a blender, return soup to a soup pot.
- 7Add raisins and cream, mix well.
- 8Cook over medium heat until raisins soften, about 10 more minutes.
- 9Serve hot sprinkled with chopped nuts or fresh parsley or cilantro.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g