Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I invented after trying a similar soup in a Greek restaurant... Hearty and delicious. A perfect way to warm up a crisp fall day!
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked and drained
- 2 potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks leeks, white portion only sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken stock (or enough to cover vegetables completely)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup whipping cream (or 1/2 and 1/2 for a lighter soup)
- Melt butter in a soup pot, and sautee chopped onion, leeks and garlic.
- When veggies are tender stir in flour and mix well.
- Add broth, pumkin, potatoes and spices.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes to combine flavors.
- Puree the soup with an arm mixer or in the blender.
- If using a blender, return soup to a soup pot.
- Add raisins and cream, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until raisins soften, about 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chopped nuts or fresh parsley or cilantro.