Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a spiced up version of roast chicken. Do make sure the chicken is totally dry otherwise you won't be able to rub in the butter properly.
- 1 5⁄8 kg chicken, cleaned and dried
- 4 slices lemon zest (thick slices)
- 40 g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 Deg C (350 Deg F).
- Put the lemon zest in the chicken cavity.
- In a small bowl combine all the remaining ingredients. Rub the butter blend all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a pan/baking dish and bake, basting regularly, for 45 minutes to an hour (until juices run clear).
Wow, an easy 5-star recipe! This took about 5 minutes to prepare before putting it in the oven. The combination of flavors from the lemon zest and the cinnamon/chili powder reminded me of North African style cooking. It was truly delicious, and devoured by my whole family in no time flat. Sorry for the lack of a picture -- the chicken was gone before I could even get a decent picture set up. Thanks, Mischka!