Creation in Hope's Note:
This is for the ZWT 2006. I got this compliments of About. I have not tried this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil honey, water and sugar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Keep this on low burner until ready to use. Make sure you do not allow to burn.
- 3Combine eggs and vanilla in another bowl.
- 4Add flour slowly, kneading lightly.
- 5Add 1/3 cup oil and mix well.
- 6Separate dough into five sections.
- 7Keep unused portion covered to keep them from drying out.
- 8Roll out each section like rolling a pie, thin.
- 9With pastry wheel, or paring knife, cut into strips 2 inches wide and the length of pastry.
- 10Heat oil in fryer.
- 11Drop pastry in oil and quickly use 2 forks to make a circle.
- 12Remove when dough is light brown and puffed.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
- 14Dip in reserved hot syrup; sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dipples
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3241.6
- Calories from Fat 2376
- Total Fat 264.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 114.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 216.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 147.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g