Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is for the ZWT 2006. I got this compliments of About. I have not tried this recipe.
Make and share this Dipples recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 4 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- Boil honey, water and sugar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep this on low burner until ready to use. Make sure you do not allow to burn.
- Combine eggs and vanilla in another bowl.
- Add flour slowly, kneading lightly.
- Add 1/3 cup oil and mix well.
- Separate dough into five sections.
- Keep unused portion covered to keep them from drying out.
- Roll out each section like rolling a pie, thin.
- With pastry wheel, or paring knife, cut into strips 2 inches wide and the length of pastry.
- Heat oil in fryer.
- Drop pastry in oil and quickly use 2 forks to make a circle.
- Remove when dough is light brown and puffed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dip in reserved hot syrup; sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts.