Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dried mint, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 30 large bottled grape leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine the yogurt, 2 teaspoons mint, lemon rind and honey in a small bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill.
- Rinse grape leaves under cold water; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove stems and discard.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in remaining mint, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, rice and next 6 ingredients.
- Place stuffed grape leaves, seam sides down, in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over leaves.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve warm or chilled with yogurt mixture.
Looking forward to try. Have had these hot and cold, topped with feta cheese... Also I heard a tip that I will try with this recipe. Submerge them in 1 part olive oil 3 parts lemon juice and cook in a pyrex pan.