My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dried mint, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 30 large bottled grape leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup dried currant
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1Combine the yogurt, 2 teaspoons mint, lemon rind and honey in a small bowl; stir well.
- 2Cover and chill.
- 3Rinse grape leaves under cold water; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Remove stems and discard.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chopped onion and sauté 10 minutes.
- 7Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in remaining mint, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, rice and next 6 ingredients.
- 8Place stuffed grape leaves, seam sides down, in a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 9Drizzle remaining lemon juice over leaves.
- 10Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 11Serve warm or chilled with yogurt mixture.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmades (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
Serving Size: 1 (4543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 2940.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g