1/2 Photos of Dolmades - Stuffed Grape Leaves
1 hr 45 mins
These dolmades have much more meat than rice in them which is how my dad always liked them. This is the first thing I remember cooking with my mom when I was little. She would let me "help" roll the dolmades.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients well in a bowl except for Grape Leaves.
- 2Wrap 1 Tablespoon of meat mixture in 2 Grape Leaves. Wrap so it resembles a small cigar.
- 3Continue until all meat mixture is used.
- 4Pack stuffed Grape Leaves into the bottom of a pot. Multiple layers if needed.
- 5Cover the layers of stuffed Grape Leaves with any unused leaves spread over the top.
- 6Add water to cover over ½ inches above Grape Leaves.
- 7Place plate upside down over the leaves to weigh them down.
- 8Cover pot with its lid.
- 9Boil for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 10Remove stuffed Grape Leaves with tongs.
- 11Serve with Lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmades - Stuffed Grape Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 896.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g