Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
These dolmades have much more meat than rice in them which is how my dad always liked them. This is the first thing I remember cooking with my mom when I was little. She would let me "help" roll the dolmades.
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl except for Grape Leaves.
- Wrap 1 Tablespoon of meat mixture in 2 Grape Leaves. Wrap so it resembles a small cigar.
- Continue until all meat mixture is used.
- Pack stuffed Grape Leaves into the bottom of a pot. Multiple layers if needed.
- Cover the layers of stuffed Grape Leaves with any unused leaves spread over the top.
- Add water to cover over ½ inches above Grape Leaves.
- Place plate upside down over the leaves to weigh them down.
- Cover pot with its lid.
- Boil for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove stuffed Grape Leaves with tongs.
- Serve with Lemon wedges.