1/2 Photos of Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
1 hr 5 mins
A favorite appetizer in Greece and throughout the Middle East. It can be prepared ahead and served either hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup chicken broth, beef, lamb, rice, onion, pine nuts, parsley, garlic and mint. Set aside.
- 2Gently rinse grape leaves and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange on a work surface with the shiny side down. Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture in the center of a grape leaf. Tuck in ends and roll tightly toward the leaf point. Repeat until meat mixture and leaves are used up.
- 3Arrange wrapped leaves, in layers, in a large sauce pan with seam side down. Cover leaves with remaining broth and the lemon juice. Weight leaves with a heavy plate to prevent opening.
- 4Cook over low heat 45 minutes.
- 5Serve with plain yogurt; garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 1151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g