1/1 Photo of Dolmathakia Stuffed Grape Leaves
1 hr 5 mins
Although the time to make this is little bite of heaven is teadious - it is well worth the compliments - these can be stored for up to a week plus in the refridgerator
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 -60 grape leaves (fresh or packaged, blanched)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons dill (finely chopped fresh)
- 2 tablespoons mint (finely chopped fresh)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped fresh)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1the grape leaves have already been blanched, simply rinse and set in a colander to drain. If they are fresh, wash well and soak in hot salted water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- 2Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil over medium heat, and sauté the onion until soft.
- 3Add rice, half the lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of water, increase heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- 4Allow the filling to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- 5Place one teaspoon of filling at the stem end of a grape leaf and roll. Continue until filling has been used. (If any of the leaves are very small, use two for each roll.)
- 6Line the bottom of a pot with unused or broken grape leaves and place the rolls, seam side down, in the pot in layers. Add 1/3 cup of olive oil and the 3-4 cups of water (enough to reach the top of the rolls). Place a plate on top of the rolls to hold them securely while cooking and bring to a full boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until only the sauce remains.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmathakia Stuffed Grape Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g