My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Briefly dip grape leaves in boiling water then rinse them with cold water and wipe dry.
- 2Mix the onions with half the olive oil.
- 3After a while, mix in the rice, 250mL hot water and the remaining ingredients, except for the oil and the lemon juice.
- 4Boil the mixture for 4-5 minutes .
- 5Wrap one tablespoon of the mixture with a grapeleaf and repeat until completed.
- 6Carefully place the dolmathes in a pot with some space between them.
- 7Cover the dolmathes with a plate a add the rest of the oil and the lemon juice with 500mL of water.
- 8Boil at low heat for 30 minutes, until some water is absorbed and the rice is done.
- 9Serve cold with slices of lemon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmathes (Stuffed grape leaves)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.8
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1624.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: