Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Briefly dip grape leaves in boiling water then rinse them with cold water and wipe dry.
- Mix the onions with half the olive oil.
- After a while, mix in the rice, 250mL hot water and the remaining ingredients, except for the oil and the lemon juice.
- Boil the mixture for 4-5 minutes .
- Wrap one tablespoon of the mixture with a grapeleaf and repeat until completed.
- Carefully place the dolmathes in a pot with some space between them.
- Cover the dolmathes with a plate a add the rest of the oil and the lemon juice with 500mL of water.
- Boil at low heat for 30 minutes, until some water is absorbed and the rice is done.
- Serve cold with slices of lemon.