1/1 Photo of Donair Meat Sandwiches
3 hrs 30 mins
These tasty meatloaf Sandwiches are of Middle Eastern origin. Greeks, Turks, and Lebanese all lay claim to it. It has become a popular dish in Canada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs lean hamburger
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1For Meatloaf: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Knead for 20 minutes.
- 3Shape into two tightly formed loaves.
- 4Bake on broiler pan for 2 to 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5Cool loaves and slice thin.
- 6Meat can be frozen for future use.
- 7For Sauce: Stir canned milk, sugar and garlic powder until sugar is dissolved.
- 8Slowly add vinegar and continue mixing.
- 9Let sauce sit for at least one hour in refrigerator before using.
- 10For Sandwich: Heat thin sliced donair meat in a frying pan.
- 11Dip a pita bread in water and fry in frying pan to soften.
- 12Place a small amount of sauce on bread.
- 13Top with meat, chopped onions and tomatoes and finish off with more sauce.
- 14Roll up or serve open face on a plate.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Donair Meat Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1839 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1983.8
- Calories from Fat 718
- Total Fat 79.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 477.1 mg
- Sodium 1464.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 125.8 g
- Protein 151.0 g