1/2 Photos of Duck Breast With Fried Apples
3 hrs 20 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Dina Nikolaou. Found this recipe in the November 28, 2008 edition of Athens Plus magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 duck breasts (i.e. 6 fillets with their skins)
- 3 tablespoons thyme honey
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- 1 teaspoon coriander, powdered
- pepper, freshly ground
- 3 apples, washed and cut into 8 pieces, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, powdered
- 1Heat the honey and cup of vinegar in a small saucepan for three to four minutes over a low heat.
- 2Remove from the heat and add the cinnamon, ginger and coriander. Season.
- 3Let the marinade cool.
- 4Make diagonal cuts with a sharp knife in the duck breasts (to facilitate the absorption of the marinade).
- 5Place the breasts side by side in a shallow baking tray and pour the marinade over them.
- 6Cover the pan with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for two to three hours.
- 7Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- 8Drain off the marinade into a small saucepan and heat until reduced to half.
- 9Put the fillets in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile heat the butter (or oil) in a nonstick pan and cook the apples for about 10 minutes until they acquire a golden color, turning them on all sides.
- 11Season and dust with cinnamon and sugar, and allow to cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- 12Add the rest of the apple cider and remove from heat.
- 13When the fillets are done, cover the baking tray with aluminium foil or baking paper and allow to settle for 12-13 minutes before serving, to help soften them.
- 14Serve with the apples and the sauce.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Breast With Fried Apples
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.3 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g