Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious dressing. Salad-haters tell me that they will eat a whole bucket of salad as long as it has this dressing on it. I have also brushed this dressing onto homemade pizza dough (in lieu of tomato sauce) when I make pizza at home. Note: If you do not have any red wine vinegar you can substitute a tablespoon of red wine (any kind will do) with a splash of regular vinegar. (Not really a new idea; just an easy substitution!)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or less)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small container and shake vigorously.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour prior to serving (Note: this is optional - you can use the dressing right away if you want to, but it usually tastes better if you let it sit for a while.) Let dressing return to room temperature before serving.
- For the actual salad I use baby salad greens, kalamata olives, tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, and goat cheese.
- Prepare the salad/salad bowls with all of the greens, tomatoes, etc.; but wait to add the dressing until just before serving.
This is a great fresh salad dressing! I liked the brightness of all that lemon, nice with the pepper, garlic and oregano. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012
This was a great basic recipe. I added some Dijon and a plash of half and half to make it a little creamy. Served it with a salad of lettuce, tomato, green onion, asparagus, olives and feta. My guests loved it! Thanks!