Fabulous little dessert that takes just minutes to prepare using pre made phyllo cups. Saw this recipe on Sunny Andersons Cooking for Real, tried it that night and it will go into my rotation of desserts that I actually make. Simple, delicious and super easy, what more can you ask for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pistachios (I used more pistachios, less other nuts)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (I used pecans instead of both walnuts and almonds)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (15 count) boxes miniature phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1Special equipment: 2 (12-cup) mini cupcake pans, food processor.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Place pistachios, walnuts and almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven until golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- 4Let nuts cool slightly and add to a food processor along with the lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and pulse to combine.
- 5Place mini phyllo shells in wells of 2 mini cupcake pans.
- 6Add 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture into each shell.
- 7Bake until filling is hot, about 10 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat add the water, 1/4 cup sugar and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced and slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9Pour 1 teaspoon syrup into each cup and allow it to soak in, then repeat with another teaspoon.
- 10Refrigerate at least 5 hours, or overnight. (I only managed to refrigerate for about 20 minutes and then they all just disappeared!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baklava Cups
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature phyllo cups