Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fabulous little dessert that takes just minutes to prepare using pre made phyllo cups. Saw this recipe on Sunny Andersons Cooking for Real, tried it that night and it will go into my rotation of desserts that I actually make. Simple, delicious and super easy, what more can you ask for!
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios (I used more pistachios, less other nuts)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (I used pecans instead of both walnuts and almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (15 count) boxes miniature phyllo cups
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Special equipment: 2 (12-cup) mini cupcake pans, food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pistachios, walnuts and almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven until golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Let nuts cool slightly and add to a food processor along with the lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and pulse to combine.
- Place mini phyllo shells in wells of 2 mini cupcake pans.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture into each shell.
- Bake until filling is hot, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat add the water, 1/4 cup sugar and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced and slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 teaspoon syrup into each cup and allow it to soak in, then repeat with another teaspoon.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours, or overnight. (I only managed to refrigerate for about 20 minutes and then they all just disappeared!).
Delicious! I've made these a couple of times now and taken them to 2 pot lucks. People rave about them. I keep forgetting to take a picture of them before they're all gone! This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing. I did not use the mini muffin tins. I just placed the phyllo cups on a cookie sheet.
I love baklava but it is such a pain to make. this shortcut way goves you the taste without the work
I use the recipe for pistachio only baklava cups....While it has never been an issue as these just disappear, how did you store these and how much in advance of serving did you make them. I make and serve them on the same day. I find that the mini-phyllo cup get soggy