Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is the quickest, easiest and most delicious brushetta ever! You can whip this up as fast as you can cut up a few tomatoes. This is a fantastic summer dish to take to potlucks. My childhood friend's mother used to make this for us. There never was a written down recipe until now. If you have extra time, you can make this a few days in advance too. It's always better on the second day. Not only is this great on a baguette, I love to put a little on my eggs or over chicken.
- cut up feta cheese.
- add olive oil.
- mince garlic and add to cheese and oil.
- finely chop basil and add to mixture.
- stir mixture well.
- dice tomatoes and add to mixture.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- cover and refridgerate for 1 hour.
- slice baguette on an angle and put on a cookie sheet.
- spray with pam (I use butter flavored).
- toast for 15min. in a 250 degree oven.
- After the brushetta is chilled, put a dollop on a slice of baguette and enjoy.
This was so simple! Great for a last minute appetizer, but better when it has a chance to marinate! A good way to use up all those extra fall tomatoes.