A quick and easy chicken & pasta dish inspired by Cincinnati-style chili. The combination of cinnamon and garlic is the secret! Not an authentic Greek dish but the influence is there. Tastes great fresh and even better reheated, making it ideal for one-a-month cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- to taste olive oil or to taste clarified butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces spaghetti, vermicelli or 12 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium heat in olive oil, clarified butter or a combination until juices run clear.
- 2Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- 3Saute garlic in pan drippings til softened.
- 4Add cream soup and diced tomatoes to pan, stir to combine thoroughly.
- 5Add Italian seasoning and cinnamon.
- 6Adjust seasonings, more or less of each, to your family's tastes.
- 7If you intend to freeze the dish for later, go lightly on the seasonings as the flavors usually intensify with freezing.
- 8Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 10Add chicken on top of sauce.
- 11Top each breast with shredded cheese.
- 12Cover and heat until cheese is melted.
- 13Place pasta on a platter, top with sauce and chicken breasts.
- 14Pass parmasan cheese at table.
- 15The sauce is very, very good made fresh but is fantastic when reheated, making it a great make-ahead dish.
- 16Follow the directions below.
- 17Freezer directions: Cool sauce and chicken (do not put mozzarella on chicken breasts at this time!).
- 18Place sauce and chicken breasts, without mozzarella, in freezer bag.
- 19Remove air, seal, label, date and freeze.
- 20Keep pasta and mozzarella on hand for serving day.
- 21To serve, thaw sauce and chicken.
- 22Reheat on medium-low to medium heat until chicken is hot throughout.
- 23Proceed with recipe as directed above.
- 24Alternately, sauce and chicken may be reheated in the microwave at 50% power.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Greco Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 883.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: