1/3 Photos of Easy Greek Potatoes Yachni
1 hr 5 mins
The ingredients look long, but it's a classic store/cupboard sort of standby, cames from a favourite recipe book "tastes of the Aegean" and is an excellent one pot, whole meal, tasty potato dish... I make double and freeze half for an easy after work dinner for those days when you want something hearty but can't really be bothered, or vegetarian potluck dinners... Enjoy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion finely and sauté in the olive oil.
- 2Cut the potatoes into slices, add them and the lemon juice to the onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- 3Add half of the water and all the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the potatoes are done (adding the rest of the water if necessary) and until the sauce has reduced.
- 4*Note* I notice that it depends on the brand of canned tomatoes, but if I use certain brands there is a lot of "juice" and so I omit the water from the recipe because otherwise the sauce becomes too thin.
- 5Another *note* the original recipe calls for 1 1/12 cups of olive oil, but I cut it down to just half a cup to make things healthier.
- 6Also, cooking time varies with variety of potato and size of your slices, I've given an estimate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Greek Potatoes Yachni
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes