This is a great recipe for a different kind of pizza. It's heavy on the flavors, but you don't feel stuffed after eating it. The recipe was actually born of an experiment performed by myself and a friend on a Sunday night. Be creative, though... last time I made it, I spread pine nuts over the surface and it was terrific!
- 1 pre-made prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup pesto sauce (use bottled or make your own)
- 1 cup artichoke heart
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup wilted spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, asiago and provolone cheese mix
- olive oil
- pine nuts (optional)
- chicken breast, strips (optional)
- fresh basil (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- pepperoni or salami (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush pizza shell with olive oil.
- Spread pesto sauce thoroughly over the surface of the shell, leaving the edge as a crust.
- Top with olives, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wilted spinach leaves and cover with cheeses.
- Place pizza directly on oven rack for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted from centre to edge.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.