Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is much easier than having to layer phyllo dough and the puff pastry is far more yummy in my opinion. My kids devour this and it's a great way to get those veggies in.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed to remove all liquid)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- nonstick cooking spray
- egg wash (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Gently roll out each sheet of puff pastry to the size of your pan (approximately 9 x 13). Spray pan with spray and place the first sheet of pastry.
- Making sure that all the liquid has been squeezed and drained from the spinach, mix spinach with the feta, cottage cheese, eggs, pepper and dill. Spread mixture in pan.
- Top mixture with second sheet of pastry and brush with egg wash (optional).
- Bake till golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
Spanakopita is one of my favorite things to eat. I used two pie crusts. The refridge kind and just rolled them out. One on bottom and topped with the other. Your filling is right on. Delicious!
My family loved this. Super easy, tasty and quick to throw together. We didn't miss the phyllo either. Will definitely be making this part of our regular rotation.