A very delicious way to prepare eggplant! I loved it this way, with all the vegetables roasted until tender. Martha Stewart web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium red onion, quartered lengthwise, layers separated
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and slivered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices crusty bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 2Divide eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons oil between two rimmed baking sheets.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- 4Roast until eggplant is tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- 5Meanwhile, place bread on another baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 7Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium bowl.
- 8Add mint; toss with remaining tablespoon oil and lemon juice.
- 9Divide eggplant mixture among bread slices, top with feta, and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant and Mint Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 732.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g