Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very delicious way to prepare eggplant! I loved it this way, with all the vegetables roasted until tender. Martha Stewart web site.
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium red onion, quartered lengthwise, layers separated
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and slivered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices crusty bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Divide eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons oil between two rimmed baking sheets.
- Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Roast until eggplant is tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place bread on another baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add mint; toss with remaining tablespoon oil and lemon juice.
- Divide eggplant mixture among bread slices, top with feta, and serve.