A very delicious way to prepare eggplant! I loved it this way, with all the vegetables roasted until tender. Martha Stewart web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium red onion, quartered lengthwise, layers separated
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and slivered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices crusty bread, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 2Divide eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons oil between two rimmed baking sheets.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- 4Roast until eggplant is tender, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- 5Meanwhile, place bread on another baking sheet, and brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 6Sprinkle with salt and pepper; bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 7Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium bowl.
- 8Add mint; toss with remaining tablespoon oil and lemon juice.
- 9Divide eggplant mixture among bread slices, top with feta, and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant and Mint Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 732.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g