1/4 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) Gyro
A meatless twist on the classic Greek sandwich. There is no accident in the multiple measurements of EVOO, it calls for them all. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup scallion, diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (yes, that's a 2nd measurement)
- 1 large eggplant, trimmed and diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (3rd measurment)
- 4 pita bread
- 1Preheat broiler to high.
- 2Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, olives, vinegar, parsley, oregano, oil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Chill until ready to use.
- 4Saute eggplant in oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
- 5Brush pitas with oil, season with salt, and broil until lightly toasted on both sides.
- 6Assemble by placing each pita on top of a sheet of foil or parchment paper.
- 7Drizzle 1/4 cup of sauce down the center of the pita and place about 1 cup of vegetables on top of the sauce.
- 8Wrap foil or paper around pita and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Gyro
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.3
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 645.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g