This crust-less tart will make your kitchen smell like a sweet Italian evening! A crusty baguette is perfect to soak up the sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans plum tomatoes (drained, squeezed of excess liquid and coarsely chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons capers (drained and rinsed)
- 2 (5 1/3 ounce) packages goat cheese (Montrachet)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 1Slice eggplants on the slant: lightly score and lay on cookie sheet.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Broil for 5- 10 minutes, until just turning brown.
- 4Remove: turn oven to 450.
- 5Heat oil in pan on stovetop.
- 6Toss in minced garlic, salt& pepper, herbs; stir.
- 7Add tomatoes, capers, and mushrooms.
- 8Heat thoroughly for about 10 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10In pie plate, arrange as follows: tomato mix, eggplant, tomato mix, eggplant, remaining tomato mix.
- 11Arrange goat cheese evenly.
- 12Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- 13Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes, until cheese begins to brown and the edges are bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Tart
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 440.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 15.4 g