1/4 Photos of Eggplant Cream With Feta Pesto
1 hr 30 mins
This delicious Mediterranean salad looks wonderful if served in small cups as starter or as appetizer. Servings depend on the size of the cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb eggplant (about 1 long eggplant)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, fresh or 2 ounces ricotta cheese or 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons basil pesto, fresh
Topping and decoration
- 1Prick eggplant, place them in a baking pan and bake at 350F in the oven for about one hour or until soft (or broil the eggplant for about 15 mintues turning several times, check if soft).
- 2Allow skin to shrivel and turn black so as to give a smoky flavor to the salad.
- 3Peel eggplant while still hot and chop flesh into pieces. Drain if necessary over a colander.
- 4Blend eggplant with garlic, oil, lemon or vinegar, salt and pepper together until smooth.
- 5With the fork work together cheese and pesto until combined.
- 6Spoon eggplant cream in cups (as smaller as prettier).
- 7Place tomato pieces over the cream.
- 8Spoon a smaller amount of cheese-pesto over tomatoes.
- 9Top with a small piece of feta or Camembert cheese and decorate with herbs.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Cream With Feta Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 256.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g