Recipe by Chrissa Paradissis' The Best Book of Greek Cookery. It was found in The Good Cook Salads
Make and share this Eggplant Salad (Melitzanosalata) recipe from Food.com.
- Prick eggplants, place them in a baking pan and bake in 350F oven for about one hour or until soft.
- Allow skin to shrivel and turn black so as to give a smoky flavor to the salad.
- Peel eggplants whil still hot and chop flesh into small pieces.
- Continue chopping while slowly adding the onion, garlic, tomato, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place in salad bowl and garnish with olives and green pepper rings.