This recipe is really two recipes in one. It's also one of the best around for shrimp scampi that works just as well with chicken! This is a favorite in our house. Maybe it will become a favorite in your house, too.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, to top
- Heat wine, olive oil, butter, margarine, and garlic in a large skillet on medium heat until it just starts to boil. Then add all the other spices, lemon juice, and parsley flakes; stir in and immediately add shrimp. Cook for about 4 or 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Don't overcook! If using this recipe with chicken, cook approximatey 8-12 minutes, until the chicken bits are cooked throughout.
- Spoon shrimp/chicken into toasting/baking dish with some of the cooking sauce and top liberally with parmesan cheese.
- Preheat at "toast" or broil temperature for 5 minutes and Broil/toast for 2 minutes ONLY!.
- Serve this as is, with home made Italian bread, or over a bed of tri-colored pasta, Elswet's Crab Dressing [which see], or Elswet's Jasmine Rice [also which see].