Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the traditional Greek recipe for beans. It is especially loved in Greece during the winter as a hot soup-like dish. Just try it along with a little smoked fish or meat and olives and you won't regret it!
- We put the onions and some olive oil in a medium size pot. We cook until softens. We add the beans and we cook for 3-4 minutes.
- We add the water, we cover the pot, we reduce to medium heat and we boil for 30 minutes.
- We add the celerey and the carrots and we continue to cook for 40 more minutes. It's important during the cooking to always have enough water in the pot and to stir regularly.
- We check if our beans and vegetables are ready (soft when bitten). When ready, we add salt and pepper. We stir. We serve with 1 table spoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy!
- We can accompany this dish with: black olives, spring onions choppped and salted, any salted meat or fish, smoked herring or country made sausage.
- A link to our blog with the recipe: http://littlecookingtips.blogspot.com/2012/01/white-bean-soup-fasolada-traditional.html.