Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional Greek recipe. I grew up eating this as a child, and I think it's fantastic. Can be served both hot or cold.
- Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add green beans and cayenne pepper and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and parsley.
- Pour tomato paste over vegetables.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Excellent recipe! For something uniquely 'Greek' I would only add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon at the very end.
Over all, good side dish. I cut down on the oil and added some V8 juice as I was cooking so it stayed moist and didn't stick to the pot (although still stuck a little). My only complaint is that the flavours of the tomato were quite mild, but I accidentally added Cayenne pepper instead of regular, so that's my fault =)
Wonderful, just as I remembered. I didn't measure anything and with Step 5 threw a handful of cherry tomatoes in the pan. Thanks... Babbo