1/6 Photos of Fassoulada (Greek Bean Soup)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This classic Greek vegetarian soup is simple to make. Serve it with lots of fresh crusty bread. From Modern Greek.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried white bean, soaked overnight
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 3 stalks celery, strings removed & sliced
- 3 red ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded & roughly chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Drain beans and place in large saucepan.
- 2Cover with cold water and bring to a boil, skimming off any froth with a slotted spoon.
- 3Add all other ingredients except salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Allow to cool slightly.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fassoulada (Greek Bean Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh flat-leaf parsley