Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a little different every time, slightly greek tasting usually. makes a big hearty quiche that re-heats well for several days. the spices, spinach, and feta are what give it my signature taste. play with other fillings like kalamata olives, artichokes, or a topping of cheddar or parmesan
- 1 pie shell
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (one standard package or about 1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms (one can)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 7 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 roasted garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices vegetarian ham, diced (i use yves, can sub other vegetarian deli meat)
- prep pie shell according to package directions (usually brush with egg and bake at 375f for ten min) then turn oven down to 350f.
- meanwhile mix all other ingredients except eggs.
- mound fillings into pie shell, do not press down.
- beat eggs and carefully pour over top. you may need to adjust filling and egg amounts to fit your size pie shell. it should be very full but not overflowing the lip of crust. if you've over-filled be sure to put a baking sheet underneath to catch drips.
- bake for about 60 min or until set and inserted knife comes out clean.
- let firm up for 10 min before serving with a light salad and a dry white wine.