6 hrs 50 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
A lower fat, vegetarian version of the traditional Greek/Turkish beef and eggplant dish.
My Private Note
one cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups lentils
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped into half inch cubes
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large eggplant, chopped into half inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 8 ounces light cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese)
- 2 large eggs
- 1Combine lentils, potatoes, broth, and garlic, and spices in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Top with eggplant and carrots.
- 3Cook for 6 hours on low setting or 3 hours on high setting.
- 4Soften cream cheese and blend with eggs until fully combined.
- 5Add tomatoes and cream cheese mixture to slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with rice pilaf and tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Faux Moussaka With Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 230.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with basil