Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 ounce brandy
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- syrup (recipe was posted at an earlier date, so just search with the search engine!)
- chopped walnuts (for garnish)
- Heat oil and butter over low heat until butter is melted and mixtureis hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in water and brandy.
- Stir in beaten eggs.
- Sift together flour and baking powder with the tablespoon each of cinnamon and cloves.
- Add to liquid mixture to make a dough that is not too soft.
- Add a little more flour if necessary.
- With floured hands shape dough into ovals and indent lengthwise with thumbs.
- Combine chopped walnuts with sugar anddash each cinnamon and cloves.
- Put 1 tsp of this filling into the indentation in the dough and close dough over filling.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake in a 400° oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip cooled cookies into hot syrup and place on racks to drain.
- Decorate with chopped walnuts.