Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lovely salad from Olives in Washington, DC.
Make and share this Fennel, Watermelon and Feta Salad W/ Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1⁄2-1 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 -6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly shredded (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and hand toss.
- Divide amongst four to six plates.
- The salad is delicious served alone or topped with thinly shredded Prosciutto.