Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fondue is a great fall and winter meal. Warms you up right down to your toes! I love it after a walk in the woods on those chilly, fall days! I do mine in my little crock pot before I leave and then it is piping hot when I get back.
- Melt the butter in a heavy 8-inch skillet or a 1 quart saucepan over low-heat. Add the feta and ricotta cheese, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, and mashing the cheeses slightly, until they soften and begin to bubble - about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, and garnish with the parsley if desired.
- Serve at once. As the fondue cools, it loses flavor. Or put into crock pot or fondue pot to keep it warm if you can't serve it right away.
- Variations: Substitute fontina cheese for the feta cheese or you can substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta. Or do both!
We are on a fondue kick and I had all kinds of cheese to use up. This was tasty but mine was runny, perhaps it was the type of ricotta cheese I used. We served with an assortment of vegies.
Lou - this recipe is awesome! I made this as a Thanksgiving appetizer and not a drop was left! Awesome!!